Friday, August 8, 2008

SHOW OF VAIN

I read with disgust and annoyance a full page advert directed at some Nigerians giving unnecessary and unwanted support to Barack Obama.
I marvel at the level of waste of resources channeled to this unnecessary event.
Top artist and extravagant cost are being charged as ticket fee to attend this show of vain. I call it show of shame because in a country where 80% of her population lives below a dollar and yet some entities could gather themselves amidst there suffering fellow men to organize a shameless concert that add no value to the election in America.
Aside only God knows if Obama needs this support to get to the white house, moreover it reminds me of that young lady that donated some 7000 thousand pairs of shoe to kids with none to wear. I wonder how many pairs of shoe the price of a full page advert will buy talk less of other expenses. Vanity upon vanity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wetin be ur own?........lol...mchewwwwwwwwww